Having tape-in hair extensions can give you an instant transformation by adding length and volume to your hair. However, knowing how to care for them properly is essential to ensure their longevity. One crucial aspect of hair extension care is washing them correctly. In this 101 guide, we will take you through a step-by-step process of how to wash hair with tape-in extensions, so you can maintain them and keep them looking beautiful for as long as possible.
SEGO hair extension brand understands the importance of hair extension care and provides high-quality tape-in hair extensions that can last up to six months with proper maintenance. Let's get started with our guide on how to wash extensions with tape-in hair extensions, so you can keep them looking their best and enjoy beautiful, long, and voluminous hair every day.
Pre-washing Tips To Ensure The Longevity Of The Extensions
Before we dive into the washing process, let's go over a few pre-washing tips that will ensure the longevity of your tape-in extensions.
- Brush Your Hair:Before washing, brush your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles or knots. Use a soft-bristle brush or a wide-tooth comb to prevent damage to the extensions.
- Use a Sulfate-free Shampoo:Always use a sulfate-free shampoo to wash your hair and extensions. Sulfates can damage the adhesive tape and shorten the lifespan of the extensions.
- Avoid Hot Water:Use lukewarm water instead of hot water to wash your hair. Hot water can loosen the adhesive tape, causing the extensions to fall out.
- Don't Apply Conditioner to the Roots:Avoid applying Conditioner to the roots of your hair as it can weaken the tape and cause the extensions to slip out.
Step-by-Step Guide To Washing Hair With Tape-in Extensions
Now that we've covered the pre-washing tips let's dive into the step-by-step guide on washing hair with tape-in extensions. A common question that people ask: can you wash tape-in extensions? The answer is yes, you can wash tape-in extensions, and, we will guide step by step on how to do it properly.
Step 1: Wet Your Hair Wet your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water. Ensure the water is not too hot, which can loosen the tape and cause the extensions to fall out.
Step 2: Apply a sulfate-free shampoo to your hair and gently massage your scalp with your fingertips. Be gentle when massaging your scalp to avoid tangling the extensions. Avoid applying shampoo to the roots of the extensions.
Step 3: Rinse Your Hair thoroughly with lukewarm water until all the shampoo is washed out.
Step 4: Apply Conditioner to the ends of your hair and avoid the roots. Gently comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb to detangle any knots.
Step 5: Rinse Your Hair Again. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water to wash out the Conditioner. Make sure that no conditioner is left in your hair or the extensions.
Step 6: Dry Your Hair Gently squeeze out the excess water from your hair with a towel. Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously, as this can cause tangling and damage to the extensions. Use a blow dryer on low heat to dry your hair.
Step 7: Brush Your Hair Once dry, brush it thoroughly with a soft-bristle brush or a wide-tooth comb. Start from the ends and work your way up to the roots, being gentle when brushing over the extensions.
Tips On How To Properly Clean The Scalp Without Damaging The Extensions
In addition to knowing how to wash your hair with tape-in extensions, it's essential to learn how to clean your scalp correctly without damaging the extensions. Here are some tips to help you achieve this:
- Use a Scalp Cleansing Brush: A scalp cleansing brush can help remove dirt, oil, and buildup from your scalp without tugging or pulling on the extensions. It's gentle and can massage the scalp without damaging the adhesive tape.
- Choose the Right Shampoo:Use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo to wash your hair, focusing on your roots and scalp. Avoid using shampoos with harsh chemicals that can damage the extensions.
- Avoid Excessive Scrubbing: Be gentle when massaging your scalp to avoid tangling the extensions. Scrubbing your scalp too hard can cause the extensions to slip out or damage the adhesive tape.
- Don't Use Too Much Product:Avoid using too much hair product on your scalp, as this can cause buildup and make it difficult to clean. Use minimal amounts of hair product, and avoid using oil-based products, as they can weaken the adhesive tape.
- Use Dry Shampoo:Dry shampoo can help keep your hair clean without washing it frequently. It's an excellent option for those with tape-in extensions, as it can reduce the risk of damaging the adhesive tape.
Following these tips, you can clean your scalp without damaging your tape-in extensions. Remember to be gentle when massaging your scalp, use the right products, and avoid using too much hair product. Proper care of your scalp and hair extensions will help you maintain healthy, beautiful hair for longer.
Recommendations For Using The Right Shampoo And Conditioner
Using the right shampoo and Conditioner is crucial to maintaining the health and longevity of your tape-in hair extensions.
Here are some recommendations for choosing the right products:
- Look for Sulfate-Free Shampoo:Sulfates are harsh chemicals that can damage the adhesive tape and cause the extensions to fall out. Look for a gentle sulfate-free shampoo that won't strip your hair of its natural oils.
- Choose a Moisturising Conditioner:Tape-in extensions don't receive natural oils from your scalp, so using a moisturising conditioner can help keep your hair hydrated and healthy. Look for a conditioner that contains natural oils like argan or jojoba.
- Avoid Products with Alcohol:Alcohol-based hair products can dry out your hair and make it more prone to breakage. Look for products that are alcohol-free to keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
- Use a pH-Balanced Shampoo:Our scalp and hair have a natural pH balance that keeps them healthy. Choose a gentle pH-balanced shampoo that won't upset the natural balance of your scalp and hair.
- Use Products Designed for Hair Extensions:Look for hair products specifically designed for hair extensions. These products are formulated to be gentle on the extensions and won't damage the adhesive tape.
Using the right shampoo and Conditioner can help keep your tape-in extensions looking healthy and beautiful. Look for products that are gentle, moisturising, and pH-balanced. Avoid products with harsh chemicals like sulfates or alcohol, and consider using products specifically designed for hair extensions. With proper care and maintenance, your tape-in extensions can last up to six months and look beautiful daily.
Tips On How To Gently Towel Dry Hair Without Pulling On The Extensions
Towel drying your hair is an integral part of your hair care routine, but it's crucial to do it correctly to avoid damaging your tape-in extensions.
Here are some tips on how to towel dry your hair gently without pulling on the extensions:
- Use a Soft Towel:Use a soft, microfiber towel to dry your hair. Microfiber towels are gentler on the hair and help reduce friction, which can cause tangling and damage to the extensions.
- Gently Squeeze Out the Water:Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with a towel. Instead, gently squeeze out the excess water from your hair and extensions. Be gentle and take your time to avoid tangling or pulling on the extensions.
- Avoid Twisting Your Hair:Twisting your hair in a towel can cause tangles and damage to the extensions. Instead, wrap the towel around your head and gently pat your hair dry.
- Be Patient:Drying your hair with a towel takes time, so be patient and avoid rushing the process. Take your time and be gentle to prevent damage to the extensions.
Following these tips, you can dry your hair with a towel without damaging your tape-in extensions. Remember to be gentle, use a soft towel, and avoid twisting your hair.
Recommendations For Hair Styling Products And Tools That Won't Damage The Extensions
Choosing the right styling products and tools is essential to maintaining the health and longevity of your tape-in extensions.
Here are some recommendations for products and tools that won't damage the extensions:
- Use Heat Protectant Spray:If you use heat styling tools like a blow dryer or flat iron, always use a heat protectant spray. This will help protect your hair and extensions from damage caused by heat.
- Avoid Heavy Styling Products:Avoid using heavy styling products like gels or mousses, as they can weigh down your hair and extensions, causing them to fall out.
- Use a Wide-Tooth Comb:Use a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle your hair and extensions. Avoid using a brush, as it can cause tangling and damage to the extensions.
- Be Gentle:When styling your hair, avoid pulling or tugging on the extensions. Take your time and be patient to prevent damage.
Following these tips and recommendations can keep your tape-in extensions looking beautiful and healthy. Remember to be gentle, use the right products and tools, and take time when styling and drying your hair.
‘’At SEGO hair extension, we offer high-quality tape-in hair extensions designed to blend seamlessly with your natural hair. Our hair extensions are easy to maintain, and you can wash your hair with tape-ins with confidence when using our products. They can last up to six months with proper care, and we also offer a range of gentle hair styling tools and products for your hair and extensions’’
‘’Check out our Hair Toppers for Women with Bangs, a great addition to your hair extension collection: https://segohair.com/products/hair-toppers-for-women-with-bangs’’
- Can You Dye Tape In Extensions While In Your Hair?
Yes, you can dye tape-in extensions while they are in your hair. However, it's essential to consult a professional stylist to ensure that the extensions are not damaged during dyeing.
- Does Tape In Extensions Ruin Your Hair?
Tape-in extensions do not ruin your hair if installed and maintained correctly. It's essential to have them installed by a professional stylist and follow the proper care instructions to prevent damage to your hair and extensions.
- How Do You Remove Tape In Hair Extensions?
To remove tape-in extensions, apply a solvent to the adhesive tape to loosen it. Then, gently slide the extensions out of your hair. It's crucial to have them removed by a professional stylist to avoid damaging your hair or extensions.
- How Long Do Tape In Hair Extensions Last?
Tape-in hair extensions can last up to six months with proper care and maintenance. It's essential to follow the appropriate care instructions to ensure their longevity.
Maintaining tape-in hair extensions can be a bit of work, but having beautiful, long, and voluminous hair is worth it. At SEGO, we offer high-quality tape-in hair extensions designed to blend seamlessly with your natural hair. Following our guide and recommendations, you can keep your tape-in extensions healthy and beautiful. Remember to be gentle, use the right products and tools, and take time when styling and drying your hair. If you're looking for high-quality hair extensions, check out our Hair Toppers for Women with Bangs, available at SEGO hair extension.