What is tape in hair extensions and how to put the tape in hair extensions?
Tape-in hair extensions are the most popular type of hair extensions. They are an easy and quick way to add length and volume to your hair. Sego tape in extensions are made from 100% real human Remy hair, which means they will blend in with your own hair for a natural look.
How to put the tape in hair extensions:
- Make a horizontal part across your scalp
- Place the extension underneath your hair with the tape facing up
- Place another extension exactly on top of the same position
- Press it in place to secure
Before wear： Wash your own hair and blow dry, don't use conditioner or essential oil for shampoo before installation. If you don't have installation experience, You'd better go to a professional salon to install.
During wear： Sandwich is the best way, but don't sandwich too much hair, make sure the tape blends perfectly. It should be a little bit of hair, or it will fall off. This is also the main reason why some customers complain about falling off.
After wear： Don't wash your hair in 72 hours, in order to reduce hair knots or dry.
Are tape-in extensions bad for your hair?
Tape-in hair extensions, like any type of hair extension, have the potential to damage your hair if they are not applied or cared for properly. However, when done correctly, tape-in extensions should not cause any damage to your natural hair.
One key factor in preventing damage is the health and strength of your natural hair before the extensions are applied. If your hair is already damaged or weakened, it may be more prone to breakage when the extensions are added. It's a good idea to consult with a hair professional before getting tape-in extensions if you have any concerns about the health of your hair.
Proper care of your tape-in extensions is also important to prevent damage. This includes using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to cleanse and moisturize the hair, avoiding heat styling, and being gentle when brushing or brushing the hair. Regular visits to a hair professional to maintain and move up the extensions can also help prevent damage.
In general, tape-in extensions can be a safe and effective way to add volume and length to your natural hair as long as they are applied and cared for properly. If you have any concerns about the potential for damage, it's always a good idea to consult with a hair professional.
How long does tape in hair extensions last?
With proper application and maintenance, tape-in hair extensions can last on average six weeks. Proper application is key. If you've had a friend or family member apply the extensions, they may have done so incorrectly. "One of the most common mistakes I see is that people don't leave enough space between each strip," says professional stylist and owner of Salon AVENUE in Chicago, Jillian Wright. "This can make it difficult for the extension to blend with your natural hair."
Proper maintenance can keep the hair in a good condition for a longer time.
- In order for the hair to adhere better you have to make sure your hair is freshly washed and all the buildup is removed before installation.
- Use extension shampoo and conditioner. Avoid washing by machine.
- Immerse the washed hair in water with conditioner for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the hair dry naturally after washing. Avoid drying the hair with a dryer. Avoid exposing the hair to sunshine directly. Avoid ironing the hair at high temperatures (advise 100-120 degrees).
- You’d better choose the round-width row spacing combs.
- If the hair seems to dry out. Just use brilliantine to pump it up.
- Avoid overusing styling products.
how to remove tape in hair extensions
Remove the tape in extensions carefully by following these steps:
- Wash your hair with warm water and shampoo to remove any oil or product buildup that may be present on your scalp. This will help loosen the glue holding the tape in place.
- Apply a small amount of oil-based conditioner onto the tape using your fingers or a comb. Leave this on for five minutes so that it can soak into the glue, which will make it easier for you to peel it off later on.
- Gently peel the tape off in sections, starting at the edge closest to your head first and working outward from there. Be careful not to pull too hard as this may cause some damage to your natural hair if it is not strong enough yet!
Overall, tape-in hair extensions are a safe and convenient option for those looking for longer, fuller hair. They are easy to remove and do not damage your natural hair. Tape-in hair extensions can last up to 8 weeks, but may need to be replaced sooner if your natural hair grows quickly. Be sure to check out our facebook page for more information on tape-in hair extensions.